What is VLM?

The Vincentian Lay Missionaries is an organization founded in 2005 by the Daughters of Charity. Our mission is to enmesh lay young adults in the ministry and service of St. Vincent de Paul by partnering with the global Vincentian Family - the Congregation of the Mission and the Daughters of Charity. Vincentians believe in creating lasting systemic change, living in solidarity with the people they serve, and promoting peace and dignity for all peoples.

Check it out!

Welcome to my blog! My explanation for writing this starts with my very first post: The Journey Begins, Part 1.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

That Which is Good is Never Finished

My heart and my journal are full of stories that might take a while to get onto this blog... but as we are preparing to start our long journey home, I wanted to take a moment to share with all of you.

Our third and final camp comes to a close tomorrow. We've had over 450 children come through these gates in the last three weeks. 450 children with 450 different stories, families, tribes, and even villages. Tomorrow evening we will be joined by our fellow VLMs serving in Chepnyal, before we all leave Kitale on Sunday morning. We will stay the night in Thigio, and hopefully get to see the Dream Center for pregnant women with Aids that the Daughters run in Nairobi on Monday. Tuesday, we will begin our long saga of flights home.

May God continue to bless each and every one of you - and please continue to keep us in prayer. I'll be back soon!

2 comments:

  1. I can't even begin to imagine what you've seen this month. May you have continued safe travels for the rest of your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels home, my beautiful, inspiring friend!!

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete