What is VLM?

The Vincentian Lay Missionaries is an organization founded in 2005 by the Daughters of Charity. Our mission is to enmesh lay young adults in the ministry and service of St. Vincent de Paul by partnering with the global Vincentian Family - the Congregation of the Mission and the Daughters of Charity. Vincentians believe in creating lasting systemic change, living in solidarity with the people they serve, and promoting peace and dignity for all peoples.

Check it out!

Welcome to my blog! My explanation for writing this starts with my very first post: The Journey Begins, Part 1.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Fresh Taste of Summer

With everything going on this month, it has been difficult to be a regular blogger! I am getting on today to share some quick updates.

1) VLM Orientation starts on Monday! Please keep us in your prayers as the volunteers travel to Chicago from all over the country. There are fifteen of us total (four returnees, including myself, and a fifth as well serving as site coordinators for the other ten). This will be the first time we will all be together since we began this journey long distance late last fall. There will be plenty of new faces, and lots of reunion hugs as well!

2) I am officially starting my new work with the Daughters of Charity here in the Bay Area, serving as Coordinator for Vincentian Educator Formation. It is a very exciting position, and I am loving being able to work in Vincentian Formation as a career! This will definitely be overlapping into my sharing about the Vincentian charism with you all.

3) I had a beautifully successful fundraiser two weeks ago at Our Lady of Lourdes Parish in my hometown of Jordan, Oregon. My heart is overwhelmed by the generosity of money and school supplies that were donated to the VLM cause. If you have any further donations you would like to share with us (either before this trip, or in preparation for next year's volunteers) please don't hesitate to contact me! You can also visit our website for more information on e-donating, or mailing items to our director, Jessica Werner.

Thank you all so much for your prayers, donations, and for sharing the message of this beautiful ministry. I will be back in July!

1 comment:

  1. Blessings, Christine. Please give everyone a hug and kiss at orientation... And I love the news od your new position with the DCs!

    ReplyDelete